Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Getting Down To Frizzness: Jen of Blank White Frames!




Great Wednesday, Curlie-Pies! I pray you all had a blessed Labor Day Weekend; mine was busy,busy, busy!
So I came across this little lady on one of the blogs I love to frequent: College Curlies! I adored her style, envied her twist-out & got all Kool-Aid when glancing at her infectious smile. I'm telling ya'll, just one hour in her closet & I'll be a happy, fulfilled curly! I think you'll love her too & I'm honored to feature her on The Frizzness! She's Jen of Blank White Frames
!

Tell us about your blog, Blank White Frames…especially where that awesome name came from! My blog is a virtual diary for all the things that I love. From fashion to food its my place to share a piece of me with the world. The name, well, naming a blog is a lot harder than I thought. I tried about 6 names before I landed on this one. When I moved into my house I had all these empty white frames that I have since used to make inspiration boards above my desk, but at the time were just leaning against the wall. So I thought what the heck and it worked no one else was using the name.


Ok, so I was seriously suffering from textile envy flipping through your blog photos; and forget about that shoe candy! What’s at work behind the styles? I dress for my figure and have learned over time what works and doesn’t work for me. I do have a lot of favorite stores that I frequent, but I don’t discriminate. I go from the thrift store all the way to Neimans, you never know what treasures you can find. And the shoes, I just buy what I love.

Now, about that beautiful, perfectly coifed hair…..

How long have you been rocking your frizzness? I have been natural since November of 2009.

Did you desire a second date following your BC/End of transition, or did you make reservations for a party of ONE? Reservations for one ;)

What was the moment of epiphany in your journey? I really don’t know if it was an exact moment. It has been a long journey but I love the end result and my hair is healthier than it’s been in years!

Because natural manes are so unpredictable, how do you combat feeling defeated on days when your crown seems less than stellar (based your OWN criteria)? Well, I learned early that a twist out doesn’t last THAT long so I came up with the style that I wear in a lot of my posts. The poof at the front and a side pony. When in doubt pull it back or pin it up.

Do random people attempt to lay hands in your mane? Nope not yet.

Do you find your mane becoming the grand topic of conversation? Not usually, it was when I first started to wear it natural but now everyone that I am around a lot has gotten used to it.

CONFIDENCE CHECK: Has natural hair allowed you to dance as if no one is watching, or has your aurora remain unfazed since your relaxed days? Well I must say, I did this before I had natural hair. I’m a pretty outgoing person in general.

What was the WORST mistake you’ve made along the way? Not doing enough researching in the beginning and not keeping my hair moisturized enough.

What advice can you bless new, transitioning or frustrated kinky curly queens with? PATIENCE, it’s a long journey but with trial and error and a lot of reading you will find what works best for you. You Tube and advice from fellow bloggers has helped a lot.

What natural experiments put the glam in your crown? Which ones ended up filed under Campaign EPIC FAIL? I haven’t experimented too much out of the natural hair box, so I must admit I haven’t had any serious epic fails yet.

What's the most fabulous part of your journey to frizzness? Having healthy hair!

Outside of your gorgeous mane, what inspires you? Being an inspiration for other people. Is that cheesy?

How can our beautiful readers find you on the web? You can stop by my blog: http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com or email me at blankwhiteframes@gmail.com. If you want an answer right away I usually answer my email within 24 hours.

Many thanks & blessings for getting down to frizzness!

No comments: