Friday, January 20, 2012

Putting the Test to the FRIZZ: Beautiful Textures Product Review

Great day, Curly-Pies!

The nice folk over at Beautiful Textures sent me some of their new line of natural hair goodies to bounce off my coils so I can share my thoughts with you! Now, this line (available at Sally's retailing between $5.99 - $7.99) promises "amazing versatility" for mixed textures: i.e., curly, wavy, kinky-coily & frizzy strands. I've seen some great reviews on Beautiful Textures, so I gave it a whirl, too.

Ok, so we already know that no two curls are alike, right? Even those taking up housing on our own noggins. My coils are tight, perfect ringlets that don't succumb easily to much styling/techniques. So my satisfaction is solely based on the look & feel of my wild, loose coils. That said, my strands immediately did not take to two of the products: Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner & Tangle Taming Moisturizing Shampoo. Yeah....my curls tangled during the wash process. They haven't done that in ages. Now, so many other people praise the shampoo for its de-tangling properties, but that wasn't my experience. Again, my tight coils just weren't pleased but others may encounter great success with it. I will say, though both products let my mane SOFT. Loved that little surprise.

Here's what my hair ADORED from the line: the Moisture Butter Whipped Curl Creme & the Curly Control Defining Pudding. I used them separately & together. (Beautiful Textures encourages mixing of the products for various results, which I dig as well). Can I say the aroma of these products is.....Heavenly? OMG - I could not stop smelling them! I bounced them off my spirals in a WNG (my go to) & also a gasp....braid out. Now, my braid outs are always frizzy, so it was no exception here. On my second round, I dabbed a bit of my SM Curling Souffle for more hold & I loved the combo. The Beautiful Textures gives a light, bouncy, fluffy finish to manageable, touchable hair. Gotta admit, I couldn't resist whippin' my do around! Oh, yeah I also had much hang time too, which can be a blessing & a curse if you worry about your ends rubbing on clothes.





So there you have it, Curlies! There's lots of other yummy things to try in the Beautiful Textures line. And like I mentioned earlier, it all depends on what your curls like. If you give it a go, please let me know what you think. Specifically, the shampoo & deep conditioner which didn't work for me. All in all, I think this is a good intro to a new line; I'm interested to see more curlies use it. (Btw - please ignore the strings hanging from my new headband...I was in a rush to wear it & didn't cut them off yet.  :)  )

There's two sides to every Frizz,
natural dancer

1 comment:

hairscapades said...

Oooh girl, I LOVE that headband!! Too cute and your puff is soo pretty!!